August Around Here
Stationery and hot chocolates. Parcels in the mail and shivering in Melbourne. Birthday brunches and bumpy flights...all part of August around here...
- An absolute must when wandering the CBD of Melbourne on a cold day is a thick hot chocolate...this time from Koko Black in Royal Arcade (above left). My wandering finished at Mag Nation, which is a sweet multi level magazine store that stocks a huge selection of titles including the harder to find indie/international ones. They have free wireless and you're allowed to browse and read as much as you want. It's a good way to relax and put your feet up when you're waiting to meet someone. Also, another source of sweet stationery.
- View from the hotel window (above right)...fell in love with the red, as I always do!
- Waiting for our ride outside of the hotel...it was so cold but I love Melbourne at this time of year...so I just soaked it in, until next time :)
- Cute packages of lovely things in my letter box like stamps from Hunter's Hideaway & hot pink wooden glasses from Freckled Fawn
- Watching old favourites like Fracture & new finds like Scatter My Ashes at Bergdorfs and It's A Disaster....loving Newsroom & discovering Orange is the New Black (need to read the book!)
- Tasmania for my birthday weekend...that's a whole other post and then some. Discovered some crazy beautiful places to shop and dine..loved every minute of it, can't wait to share more...and then go back for new experiences!
- Morning coffees, RIley waiting for Luke to come home from work, and I discovered Phillippa's products at our local Wholefoods...must taste test!
- Birthday brunch at Old Green Bean...so sweet guys :)
- Flowers by Frankie O from Luke
- A smidge smitten with my new Kindle Paperwhite..so light & I can read outside in the sun now. Investigating the audible/kindle link that allows you to switch between ebook & audio book and Amazon keeps you synced. This is me trying it out for the first time on the plane...which was a bumpy ride so I needed a good distraction!
- Listening to: Daft Punk, St Lucia, Frankie Rose and Cults
- Enjoying the crazy warm days that have signalled Spring is most definitely here. Looking forward to dusting of my bike and hitting the hills...and ice cream by the lake :)