My Christmas ornament picks from Etsy, local stores in Bendigo and a few random online finds. Some of my favourite holiday memories are putting up the tree with my sisters...pulling out all the handmade decorations of years gone by...one of us in the corner inevitably getting frustrated with untangling the lights...playing the same Myer Spirit of Christmas CD in the background every year...lots of laughing and reminiscing...finishing up with the careful placement on the star on top.
So, onto my picks...some traditional, some quirky...all sweet :) If you're local there's still plenty of time to drop into these stores and get some new additions to your tree!
- Heartstrings, Personalized by Blue Pearls
- Needle Felted Mushrooms by Em Ho Collections
- Bear in icelandic Christmas Jumper by In Our Coats
- Rainbow Felt Ball Garland (3m) by Felt Foxes (Brisbane)
- Crocheted Sausage Dog by Moss Mountain
- Wuthering Heights by What A Novel Idea (Breaking Dawn is there for the Twilight Obsessed!)
- Rag Ball Ornaments by Velvet Bean (Sydney)
- Pea Pods by Fairy Folk (love so much of their stuff...check out the acorns too!)
- `Chocolate' Salt Dough Ornaments by Micro Universe
- $3.00 by Mobo Concept & Design...Bath Lane, Bendigo (@moboBendigo)
- $3.50 by Mobo Concept & Design...Bath Lane, Bendigo
- $25.50 by Mon Coeur...164 Mitchell Street, Bendigo
- $7.95 by Make Your House A Home...132 High Street, Bendigo (@myhahAUS)
- $9.95 by Make Your House A Home...132 High Street, Bendigo
- $17.95 by Oliver Birch...Bath Lane, Bendigo (@OliverBirch1)
- $6.95 by Organize My....Bath Lane, Bendigo
- $6.96 by Organize My...Bath Lane, Bendigo
- $15.00 by Kitty Von Fatty via View Point Handmade Gallery...13 View Point, Bendigo (@VPHandmade)
These stores had so many ornaments it's impossible to choose only a few to show you...and not always easy to get photos of them all so well worth a visit! Other local Christmas stuff includes VPHG's gift guides, I Heart Bendigo's local picks (foodie gifts, gift vouchers, unique gifts) and Jennifer is blogging about her Christmas music obsession!
I also love the randomness of Anthropology's ornaments (1/2)...they have incredibly beautiful traditional ones, and then some out there ones...if you're looking for a walrus or a whale for your tree...that would be your starting point! The other three are from Pinterest...the last one uses washi tape on plain glass ornaments...now why didn't I think of that?! (3/4/5) Below is a cute stop motion video from Anthropology showing off their ornaments...